Author Topic: Edit Virtual Host for subdomains  (Read 2674 times)

glienhard

• View Profile
Edit Virtual Host for subdomains
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:23:54 pm »
There does not seem to be a way to edit any of the information for the vhosts entries for the subdomains.  Can you make a way for editing the  /var/www/new/ehcp/apachehcp_subdomains.conf file?  I can manually edit it, but the next time I make a change (add/remove) a subdomain, my change is over-ridden.

Thanks!

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Edit Virtual Host for subdomains
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 03:12:53 pm »
There does not seem to be a way to edit any of the information for the vhosts entries for the subdomains.  Can you make a way for editing the  /var/www/new/ehcp/apachehcp_subdomains.conf file?  I can manually edit it, but the next time I make a change (add/remove) a subdomain, my change is over-ridden.

Thanks!

It is not advised to edit any of the EHCP Apache config files directly.  These files are constantly being overwritten with the latest information from the database.  I would recommend managing subdomains for each domain in the EHCP panel.  If you create and remove sub domains using the EHCP panel, you will not have any problems. 

Why do you need to edit the generated sub-domain template?

If you want to add sub-domains and domains that are not managed in the panel to your server, please follow this guide:

http://ehcpforce.tk/faq/index.php?sid=17325&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=6&id=6&artlang=en