Author Topic: Problem with FTP  (Read 1741 times)

colifato

• View Profile
Problem with FTP
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:45:28 pm »
I have problems connecting to my ftp server with my username and my clients are also having the same problem.
How I can do to restore the permissions?
FileZilla gives me the error "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"
Use ubuntu server 14.04 64bit
thank you very much

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with FTP
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:37:27 pm »
I just tested the latest SVN dev version now that I have my virtual test machines back up and running.  I was unable to reproduce this issue.  However, if Ubuntu releases an update to the VSFTPD package, it will overwrite the patched version of VSFTPD that EHCP Force installed.  The patched version of VSFTPD EHCP uses includes fixes so that PAM integration and virtual FTP users work correctly.  I'm not sure why it's always broken in the official repository, but it is.  Blame Ubuntu.   >:(

In any event, if you encounter problems with vsftpd after downloading updates, please run the update script:

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install subversion
cd ~/Downloads
if [ -e "ehcpforceupdate.sh" ]; then
    rm "ehcpforceupdate.sh"
fi
svn export "svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/ehcpforce/code/trunk/ehcpforce/ehcp/ehcpforceupdate.sh"
sudo bash "ehcpforceupdate.sh"

It is OK to run the update script multiple times (nothing will be lost), and the script will make sure you're always up-to-date.  The update script will always reinstall the patched version of vsftpd over the broken Ubuntu release.

If you want to prevent official vsftpd updates from affecting EHCP, first reinstall the patched version of vsftpd according to your Ubuntu version by referring to the knowledge article here:

http://ehcpforce.tk/faq/index.php?sid=8016&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=1&id=3&artlang=en

Then run the following command to prevent official updates for the vsftpd package from coming in:

Code: [Select]
echo "vsftpd hold" | sudo dpkg --set-selections

I will add this by default to a future release since Ubuntu is too unpredictable when it comes to vsftpd updates. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:41:04 pm by earnolmartin »