Author Topic: RESOLVED: Server Status page  (Read 5653 times)

CotswoldPhoto

• View Profile
RESOLVED: Server Status page
« on: September 06, 2015, 09:53:47 pm »
Hi

Great software!! This is my first foray into DIY server, and so far so good!!

My server is Ubuntu 14.04 and EHCP Force Ed 1.0.1

I installed EHCP Force Ed and went the verbose route and went fully loaded and used my own passwords. No problem.

I went into Options ... Advanced and enabled nginx, in the status page then Apache is off and nginx is on. However, if I go back to revert to Apache, sometimes both nginx and Apache are on, or Apache shows as off still. If I then switch off the unwanted server in the status page, then it seems to kick it all OK.

However, no matter what I do, nginx restart gives me this:

An Error Occured:
Internal EHCP Error - Undefined Operation: dorestartnginx
This feature may not be complete.

So, being adventurous, I decided to load up the latest versions of PHP and nginx (5.6.12 and 1.8.0 were the latest I could get to install), which caused Apache to go to 2.4.16. MariaDB wasn't enabled, so I dropped that in and upgraded that to 10.0.21

The Server Status panel does not report nginx at all, and thus not it's version, but it also does not report the PH version. When it was on PHP5.5, it happily reported the version, so something got broken. It says this:

Hostname: server1
Linux 3.16.0-30-generic x86_64

PHP version: MySQL version: 10.0.21-MariaDB
Apache version: 2.4.16 (Ubuntu)

Note how the PHP and MySQL are on the same line.

As I said, just messing for now. Must get some sleep, as it is 5AM in the UK right now!!

Trevor
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:45:17 pm by earnolmartin »

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Server Status page
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 11:50:39 pm »
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for reporting.  This will be looked into and fixed in the next release.  I don't normally restart services from the panel, so I didn't know this was broken.

CotswoldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 01:07:09 am »
Hi

"I went into Options ... Advanced and enabled nginx, in the status page then Apache is off and nginx is on. However, if I go back to revert to Apache, sometimes both nginx and Apache are on, or Apache shows as off still. If I then switch off the unwanted server in the status page, then it seems to kick it all OK."

This issue seems to have fixed itself!!! But the other issues are still there.

and thanks for looking into that error issue.

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 11:19:33 am »
Hi

"I went into Options ... Advanced and enabled nginx, in the status page then Apache is off and nginx is on. However, if I go back to revert to Apache, sometimes both nginx and Apache are on, or Apache shows as off still. If I then switch off the unwanted server in the status page, then it seems to kick it all OK."

This issue seems to have fixed itself!!! But the other issues are still there.

and thanks for looking into that error issue.

This has been fixed in http://sourceforge.net/p/ehcpforce/code/476/ and will be included in the next release whenever that may be.

Please note that it takes about 20-30 seconds for the web server software to switch between apache2 and nginx. It takes this long to refresh the true status of your server.  This is probably why you saw both services running when in fact only one was running.  They cannot simultaneously run because your web server would not work at all if that were truly the case.  I also added a change that hides the web server software you're not configured to use in the status page, so I doubt anyone will run into this again.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 11:25:47 am by earnolmartin »

CotswoldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 11:35:52 am »
Cool. And I figured out the delay when I saw the word daemon appear. I have downloaded the picante scheme to my PC now and have started to see how it works to then create the new theme. Another thing I had had to do a few times was restart php5-fpm, which is not in the list (I assume this only applies to nginx).

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 04:57:35 pm »
Another thing I had had to do a few times was restart php5-fpm, which is not in the list (I assume this only applies to nginx).

Another good idea.  I will add that to the list if nginx is enabled.

CotswoldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 01:19:33 am »
And ..... he said on a roll, PHP7 is currently targeted for release on November 12, 2015. For example, PHP7 deprecates PHP4 style constructors. The PHP Uniform Variable Syntax also changes in PHP7. There are builds out already for Ubuntu 14.04 and CentOS 7. There is a note https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/php-7.0.0RC2/UPGRADING about the changes. Given the supposed huge improvements in speed, I can see a lot of folks wanting to upgrade. I think it also supports multi threading.

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 06:12:12 pm »
And ..... he said on a roll, PHP7 is currently targeted for release on November 12, 2015. For example, PHP7 deprecates PHP4 style constructors. The PHP Uniform Variable Syntax also changes in PHP7. There are builds out already for Ubuntu 14.04 and CentOS 7. There is a note https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/php-7.0.0RC2/UPGRADING about the changes. Given the supposed huge improvements in speed, I can see a lot of folks wanting to upgrade. I think it also supports multi threading.

Isn't that just wonderful...

Tired of PHP making breaking changes.  We'll support this only when we have to.