Author Topic: Need QA Testers  (Read 3568 times)

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Need QA Testers
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:41:41 pm »
Hey Guys,

I'm adding some really cool, new features to EHCP Force Edition that I can't wait to share.  I've been testing these new features quite a bit, but I could really use some help.  While testing, I've also run into several other existing panel bugs that I hadn't noticed before.  I have fixed any errors that I personally have run into.  I'm also cleaning up the panel's UI.  There is a new highly customizable default theme that is coming to EHCP Force Edition soon.  It's really cool! 

But, I can't do everything myself, and it would be awesome if I could get anyone to volunteer to test and help me run QA operations.  Ideally, I would like to fix any problems that currently exist in the panel, from installation to functionality. 

If you run into a bug, please let me know how to reproduce it and how you think it should work.  This is a forked project.  Several bugs from the original code-base still exist.  If you think I'm aware of every possible little bug that exists, that couldn't be further from the truth.

I need everyone's help.  I want this panel to be a huge success, and I truly feel that this edition is better than the original.  The original is great, don't get me wrong, but EHCP Force Edition is the way it should work.  If anyone could leave feedback or reviews about this panel, that would also be extremely helpful.

Here's how you could help test EHCP:

• Install VirtualBox
  • Create multiple virtual machines running different versions of Ubuntu (x86 and x64 editions).
  • Download the latest EHCP Force development code.
  • Install EHCP Force using the non-interactive mode when prompted during the initial installation phase.
  • Test features / see if everything works as expected.
  • Let me know about bugs, and I'll fix them!

Here's to hoping someone will be willing to help!