Author Topic: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.  (Read 2157 times)

Loren Tedford

• I love Amateur Radio, VPS and Minecraft!
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Lorentedford.com
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
« on: April 18, 2015, 08:12:03 pm »
Hi everyone got  a new problem with one of my domains every time i try logging into my email account i am unable to connect to the imap server through Squirlmail personally i would like to use round-cube instead of squirlmail as default email client any thoughts.

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:32:26 pm »
Hi everyone got  a new problem with one of my domains every time i try logging into my email account i am unable to connect to the imap server through Squirlmail personally i would like to use round-cube instead of squirlmail as default email client any thoughts.

I have run into this problem before.  I'll see if I can remember how to fix it.  It usually involved running a script within the /var/www/new/ehcp/webmail folder for configuration.  I'll get back to you on this when I have more information. 

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:46:49 pm »
First, just for fun, try restarting the entire server.  See if that makes a difference. 

If that doesn't work, run the following:

Login as root:

Code: [Select]
sudo -i

Edit mail configuration:

Code: [Select]
cd /var/www/new/ehcp/webmail/config
./conf.pl
Pick option 2 (Server Settings)
Pick option 1 and set the domain to your main domain
Pick option 3 and make sure it is set to SMTP.  If that doesn't fix your issue, try using Sendmail here.
Save data by typing in S
Quit by typing in Q
service apache2 restart
service postfix restart
service ehcp restart

Also, RoundCube should be available.  It's available at http://localhost/ehcp/webmail2/ (from the server).

If that still doesn't work, check into your IMAP settings and make sure the IMAP service is running.