Author Topic: New control panel design?  (Read 4711 times)

Dexxa

• View Profile
New control panel design?
« on: August 30, 2015, 05:51:44 pm »
Great work on the fork of ehcp,

but the old design of ehcp is way to outdated in my eyes, I would like to see it in a fresh design and looks totally different from ehcp

How about creating a design with a free admin theme? for example this one https://almsaeedstudio.com/

with a new look to the control panel i think your project can go go far and beyond :)

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New control panel design?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 10:25:14 am »
Hi Dexxa,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the moment, the idea is to keep it simple.  The picante theme does just that in my opinion.  Also, I have many other ideas that take priority over the UI at the moment.

If you'd be willing, it would be awesome if you explored creating a template for EHCP Force.  Just go into /var/www/new/ehcp/templates and copy the picante folder and name it something else.  Check out how the templating currently works, and try to implement that control panel theme.  If it looks really good, I will make it the default theme.

I would love your help on this :D

colifato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:49:23 pm »
Hi all..
Also, I have many other ideas that take priority over the UI at the moment.

At what are you referring to these new ideas?

Jailed SSH?
:)

Cheers

ColiFato

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:32:25 am »
Well, I don't want to let any surprises out of the bag just yet... haha

We're testing some new features soon. 

colifato

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 01:33:05 pm »
Well.. if you need a tester.. i'm available

Greets

CotswoldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 05:30:19 am »
I am a HTML and CSS guru, and a reasonably good php and javascript coder. I like the Admin Control Panel idea, so I will give that a go. I will also make sure it is mobile friendly. At the moment I do not have a local dev server with Ubuntu on, so I will copy the template folder into an accessible domain on my server and bring that locally to my PC using ftp, and then modify and work on it.

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 06:10:52 pm »
I am a HTML and CSS guru, and a reasonably good php and javascript coder. I like the Admin Control Panel idea, so I will give that a go. I will also make sure it is mobile friendly. At the moment I do not have a local dev server with Ubuntu on, so I will copy the template folder into an accessible domain on my server and bring that locally to my PC using ftp, and then modify and work on it.

The way the templates work right now isn't the most ideal solution (operations should be dynamically rendered).  In essence, for picante and epic, they already are dynamically generated because I created a database that the ops are generated from based on the page and category, but I haven't rewritten the whole templating system yet nor have plans to do so for quite some time.  When I do, new templates will be easier. 

Loren Tedford

• I love Amateur Radio, VPS and Minecraft!
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Lorentedford.com
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 10:13:27 am »
Wow I cant wait to see some of these ideas once things are done! :)