Author Topic: Email sending issue  (Read 2214 times)

Loren Tedford

• I love Amateur Radio, VPS and Minecraft!
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Lorentedford.com
Email sending issue
« on: December 06, 2015, 10:20:49 pm »
Greetings everyone I know i havent been around the forums alot i have been very busy with medical.. However I have an issue with mobile devices or any sort of email outbox program.. I personally prefer IMAP for everything however I setup the account on my phone every thing gets received but if I send an email its like its the end of the world and wont for some reason authenticate to the server.. I did the basic general installation of ehcpforce.tk and feel that i may have missed a setup step some where..

earnolmartin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Email sending issue
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 12:03:21 am »
Are you using your full email address as the login?  I don't seem to have a problem using POP3 to download email via Gmail and send mail using SMTP.

Loren Tedford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 03:53:30 pm »
I am using Imap I thought at first that it could have been UFW however it wasnt I can check the email on through the web browser but not with any other application..

Also vsftp is giving me some issues I am wondering if it is a Folder ownership issue.. what should all the folders in /var/www/vhost/ be owned as..

on the ftp side its giving connection issues on localhost..

Loren Tedford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 05:57:12 pm »
Ran the update today and things just ironed them selves out I am not exaclty sure what had happened but i can say i did do and apt-get update and upgrade earlier last week and i did have to do a system restart.. Probably should have checked these services then to see if things were running like they were suppose to but didnt..